Continuing education

If your child has Level 3 qualifications such as A Levels, T Levels or a Level 3 BTEC, they could go on to Higher Education either in person or online.

University degree 

A degree is completed over a number of years at university, college or online and while a lot of people choose to go away to study, this doesn’t have to be the case. Degrees can be in virtually any subject and universities set their own entry requirements for each course, which are usually A Levels or equivalent qualifications. There are often opportunities to study part time.

Higher Technical Qualifications 

Higher Technical Qualifications teach the skills that employers want in sectors like finance, engineering, management and scientific jobs. They’re taught at college or university, over 1–2 years and entry levels vary by course, so they’re not necessarily dependent on exam results. 

Exam retakes 

These may be necessary before moving onto the next level either to improve on results or to fulfil the entry criteria for another course, for example undertaking a foundation art course before moving on to an art degree. They can be sat at a school or college sixth form or further education college and only usually take a year.