Parents in Wales: Latest coronavirus guidance from the Welsh Government
We realise that the situation at present is ever changing, guidance is constantly being updating and that information needs to be shared quickly and accurately.
In order to ensure consistency of message on the guidance for schools, childcare settings, and parents/carers, we have produced the following key messages and information. To confirm this guidance has been endorsed by Solace and ADEW.
The overall key message is:
- Everyone should stay home generally, stop the spread of the virus and protect the NHS
However, we’re trying to balance staying home with ensuring the safety of both the child and anyone in a vulnerable group:
- Children should be kept home to stop the spread of the virus and protect the NHS
- But we still need critical workers to do their jobs and we need to protect vulnerable children
- Critical workers should keep their children home… but they can’t leave them alone if they judge that would not be safe and they can’t leave them with someone in a vulnerable group
- If they have no safe alternative, they can go to a school/childcare setting
Update in Welsh
22 Mawrth 2020
Rydym yn ymwybodol bod y sefyllfa ar hyn o bryd yn newid o hyd, bod canllawiau’n cael eu diweddaru’n gyson a bod angen rhannu gwybodaeth gywir yn sydyn.
Er mwyn sicrhau cysondeb yn y neges ar y canllawiau i ysgolion, lleoliadau gofal plant a rhieni/gofalwyr, rydym wedi cynhyrchu’r negeseuon a’r wybodaeth allweddol ganlynol. I gadarnhau, cymeradwywyd y canllawiau hyn gan SOLACE a CCAC.
Y neges allweddol gyffredinol yw:
- Dylai pawb aros adref yn gyffredinol, atal y firws rhag lledu a diogelu’r GIG
Fodd bynnag, rydym yn ceisio cadw’r cydbwysedd rhwng aros gartref a sicrhau diogelwch y plentyn ac unrhyw un mewn grŵp bregus:
- Dylai plant gael eu cadw adref i atal y firws rhag lledu ac amddiffyn ein GIG
- Ond mae angen gweithwyr hanfodol arnom i wneud eu gwaith o hyd ac mae angen inni amddiffyn plant sy’n fregus
- Dylai gweithwyr allweddol gadw eu plant adref … ond ni allant eu gadael ar eu pennau eu hunain os barnant na fyddent yn ddiogel ac na allant eu gadael gyda rhywun sy’n fregus
- Os nad oes ganddynt ddewis arall, diogel, gallant fynd i ysgol/lleoliad gofal plant
Further information for parents in Wales
Education Minister Kirsty Williams announces exam arrangements for years 10 and 12.
Written Statement: Eligibility for ongoing provision for children who are vulnerable, or whose parents are critical to the Covid-19 response
- This means parents need to keep their children at home, wherever possible and schools and childcare and play settings should be open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.
- We will continue to provide for all pupils who are entitled to free school meals.
- Vulnerable children include those with safeguarding needs and supported by social care, which include children with care and support or support plans, children on the child protection register and looked after children, young carers, disabled children and those with Statements of special educational needs. The most vulnerable of these should be prioritised.
Wales Local Authorities website home page addresses and Coronavirus updates
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Bridgend County Borough Council
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Carmarthenshire County Council
Ceredigion County Council
City and County of Swansea
City of Cardiff Council
Conwy County Borough Council
Denbighshire County Council
Flintshire County Council
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
Monmouthshire County Council
Neath Port Talbot Council
Newport City Council
Pembrokeshire County Council
Powys County Council
Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Torfaen County Borough Council
Vale of Glamorgan Council
Wrexham County Borough Council