The Great Big Art Exhibition 2021
That’s where The Great Big Art Exhibition comes in – they’re encouraging everyone to get involved at home and share your masterpieces in your window or garden. Whether it’s getting your paints out, making a model with clay or drawing a picture from your imagination, everyone’s welcome!
We’ve put together some ideas that you can do as a family to be part of #TheGreatBigArtExhibition2021
- Put your own take on your favourite piece of art from a gallery. Download the activity pack which includes images of some of the world’s most well-known pieces to spark your imagination. Perhaps it’ll be Monet’s Waterlilies, The Rainbow Landscape by Peter Paul Rubens or Bedwyr Williams’ Tyrrau Mawr
- Use what you can find around the house. There’s no need to buy anything new for your artwork – perhaps your challenge could be to make a picture with recycled materials?
- Follow the theme of each fortnight. Every two weeks, an artist will front The Great Big Art Exhibition. So far, Sir Anthony Gormley has suggested animals as a theme and Sonia Boyce has encouraged portraiture. There’s plenty more topics on the way, such as colour and humour!
- Recreate your favourite holiday snap. We may not be able to relax on the beach or explore a new area at the moment, but there’s plenty of memories that can be enjoyed. Could you draw your trip to London, paint a countryside scene or sculpt an animal from a visit to the zoo?
- Get others involved! Chat with your neighbours, share with school friends or add a message to your club’s social media to let them know what you’re up to and how they can join in too! Use the hashtag #TheGreatBigArtExhibition2021 to share your work, and you never know, you might be featured on the Firstsite social media channels!