Would you like to build a genuine partnership with your parents in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people?
This interactive workshop explores how schools can develop a parent council or forum as an effective mechanism for listening and responding to parents' views. We'll look at what's right for your school and how you can build an ongoing and positive partnership with parents. A range of case studies will be presented, and participants supported to develop an effective strategy for their own schools.
Join this half day workshop to discuss innovative and practical advice on:
- Improving communication
- Removing barriers to parental participation
- Finding the right structure for your school
- Maintaining momentum
- Evaluating progress and assessing impact
- Creating a mechanism to listen to parents, and to demonstrate to Ofsted that you have done so.
Who is this course designed for?
- Headteachers and principals
- Deputy and assistant heads
- Local authority advisers
- Multi academy trusts
- Parents interested in taking this work forward with their school.
Feedback from attendees
"This training has helped me to successfully and confidently set up a parent council. Parents know they have a voice, and would agree that it is a brilliant thing."
"Excellent insight and step by step guidance on setting up a parent council."
"This course has empowered me to move things forward."