With children at school, life can sometimes seem overly hectic, and it’s easy for everything to feel like it’s getting out of hand. There are more bags to pack, bits of paper to fill in, dates to remember and places to be.
Here are a few simple tips to help you and the family stay on top of it all:
- Keep your calendar up-to-date! As soon as you find out something new, make sure it’s coordinated with everyone necessary. Shared calendars work well in families.
- Keep all paperwork in one place. Allocate a pin board, folder or in-tray for school paperwork. There will be plenty of it!
- Organise everyone by putting hooks/ storage boxes by the door, one for each member of family. You can then put on/in these anything that needs to be taken in that day eg. Book bag / PE kit etc…
- Help your mornings run more smoothly by planning in advance. Make sure uniform is ironed and put out the night before, bags packed, food menu planned etc… Every minute counts in the morning!
- Maintain routine so everyone knows what’s expected of them and when – e.g. when you leave the house, when homework is to be done etc.
- Remind each other! A Facebook or similar group for the class can be really valuable for general reminders and sharing information. If you can't find what you're looking for, don't be afraid to ask! You can bet there are other parents wondering the same thing.
Have you any other ideas to add to this? Please email us if you can think of something we should add to this list!