Children do better across a range of measures when their parents are involved in their education. Yet many schools struggle to engage parents, particularly those they most want to reach. This workshop will help those who feel they've tried everything but are still battling to engage "harder to reach" parents.
Join this half day workshop to hear imaginative and powerful ideas on:
- Reaching out to disengaged families to build parental support for learning.
- Overcoming the barriers to parental involvement
- Revamping your school ethos
- Encouraging positive behaviour
- Training your staff to work effectively with parents.
Who is this course designed for?
- Heads and senior leaders
- Pastoral support and family liaison teams
- Other staff with responsibility for parental involvement
- Local authority advisers
Feedback from attendees
"At last - a useful workshop."
"Both innovative and practical. Lots of new ideas to take away and implement."
"Great to have the chance to discuss ideas of what works with other schools."
"An engaging and inspiring speaker who knew her stuff."