Would you like to take a more proactive and strategic approach to parental participation? Our masterclass will empower you and your school to cultivate more successful parent-school relationships, to build trust and raise aspirations.
Why book a masterclass?
Our masterclasses build on the knowledge gained in our foundational online workshops, going into depth on a range of topics and translated into workable solutions that can be implemented in your school's setting.
Providing the opportunity to gain knowledge and share experiences with senior leaders and teachers across other settings, you will gain a take-away action plan and a one hour follow-up session with our expert associate trainer.
This is an immersive experience, which gives senior leaders and teachers the opportunity to learn from their peers and expert associate trainers, with a focus on building collaborations and encouraging interaction through discussing and sharing ideas and opinions.
What does this masterclass offer you?
Aims of the day
- To build your capabilities and confidence in devising and implementing effective parent participation strategies in your school(s)
- To analyse your current parent participation strategy using our Blueprint for Parent-Friendly Schools
- To devise an immediate plan of action and understand what further steps you can take in your school(s)
- To be inspired to establish a parent-friendly culture in your school and motivate and equip your staff to embrace the benefits
- Recap on the importance of parents playing an active role in children's education
- Explore your unique challenges and opportunities and the parental participation strategies to build around them
- Be able to apply your leadership skills and capabilities to engage parents and achieve school improvement, manage resources and bolster reputation
- Develop your 'whole school' strategy and plan of action using our Blueprint for Parent-Friendly Schools
Led by our highly experienced trainers, the ‘Whole School Approach to Parental Participation’ masterclass will empower you to devise and implement effective parental participation strategies in your school. We'll look at what's right for your school and how you can build an ongoing and positive partnership with parents. A range of case studies will be presented and you will be supported to develop an effective strategy for your own school. The session will include innovative and practical advice on:
- Improving communication
- Removing barriers to parental participation
- Finding the right structure for your school
- Maintaining momentum
- Evaluating progress and assessing impact
- Demonstrating impact to stakeholders and to Ofsted
Following the masterclass, you will also receive a 1-1 consultation call to discuss and shape the implementation of a parent council within your school.
Who is the masterclass designed for?
- Headteachers, deputy headteachers and senior leaders
- Local authority advisers
- Multi-academy trusts
- Pastoral support and family liaison leads
- Other staff with responsibility for parental involvement
What is involved?
- Four-hour expert-led interactive masterclass via Zoom
- No more than 10 attendees
- One hour follow up session with our expert associate trainer
- £300 + VAT per person
What do previous attendees say?
This work has transformed our school.
That was so useful - every school should attend this workshop.
Loads of practical suggestions on ways to make schools more approachable and less daunting. I can see this working.
Many schools have already benefited from developing parental participation initiatives to improve their relationship with parents. Click here to read more about what schools say.
Who will lead the masterclass?
Our associate trainers range from former headteachers and Ofsted inspectors, to parental engagement champions and education consultants.
Each associate trainer brings a wealth of experience and qualifications, their own understanding of the challenges faced by schools and expertise on ways in which your school can engage with parents. Meet our trainers here.
A 10% discount will be applied to bookings made six weeks or more before the date of the session.