Would you like to build a genuine partnership with your parents in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people? Our masterclass will support you and your school in the development of a highly effective Parent Council, to build a framework for listening to parent voice.
Why book a masterclass?
Our masterclasses build on the knowledge gained in our foundational online workshops, going into depth on a range of topics and translated into workable solutions that can be implemented in your school's setting.
Providing the opportunity to gain knowledge and share experiences with senior leaders and teachers across other settings, you will gain a take-away action plan and a one hour follow-up session with our expert associate trainer.
This is an immersive experience, which gives senior leaders and teachers the opportunity to learn from their peers and expert associate trainers, with a focus on building collaborations and encouraging interaction through discussing and sharing ideas and opinions.
What does this masterclass offer you?
Aim of the day
- To support you and your school in the development of a highly effective Parent Council, to build a framework for listening to parent voice.
- Understand the importance and benefits of a Parent Council and encouraging parent voice
- Know the key stages in developing a Parent Council
- Recognise the barriers to parental involvement in a Parent Council
- Be able to successfully implement, monitor and develop an effective Parent Council
Led by our highly experienced associate trainers, the ‘Developing a Successful Parent Council’ masterclass explores how schools can develop a parent council or forum as an effective mechanism for listening and responding to parents' views. We'll look at what's right for your school and how you can build an ongoing and positive partnership with parents. A range of case studies will be presented, and you will be supported to develop an effective strategy for your own school.
The session will include innovative and practical advice on:
- Improving communication
- Removing barriers to parental participation
- Finding the right structure for your school
- Maintaining momentum
- Evaluating progress and assessing impact
- Demonstrating impact to stakeholders and to Ofsted
Following the masterclass, you will also receive a 1-1 consultation call to discuss and shape the implementation of a parent council within your school.
Who is this masterclass designed for?
- Headteachers, deputy headteachers and senior leaders
- Deputy and assistant heads
- Local authority advisers
- Multi-academy trusts
- Pastoral support and family liaison leads
- Other staff with responsibility for parental involvement
What is involved?
- Four-hour expert-led interactive masterclass via Zoom
- No more than 10 attendees
- One hour follow up session with our expert associate trainer
- £300 + VAT per person
What do previous attendees say?
"This training has helped me to successfully and confidently set up a parent council. Parents know they have a voice, and would agree that it is a brilliant thing."
"Excellent insight and step by step guidance on setting up a parent council."
"This course has empowered me to move things forward."
Many schools have already benefited from developing parental participation initiatives to improve their relationship with parents. Click here to read more about what schools say.
Who will lead the masterclass?
Our associate trainers range from former headteachers and Ofsted inspectors, to parental engagement champions and education consultants.
Each associate trainer brings a wealth of experience and qualifications, their own understanding of the challenges faced by schools and expertise on ways in which your school can engage with parents. Meet our trainers here.
A 10% discount will be applied to bookings made six weeks or more before the date of the session.