About the workshop
Developing a whole school approach to parental engagement ensures that schools can best meet the needs of children and families in their local community.
This workshop explores a range of strategies that will help schools develop an effective and valuable partnership with parents in order to raise attainment. It looks at the barriers that prevent parent participation, with suggestions as to how these can be addressed. It also discusses ways to improve home/school communication, gain parental support for learning, reach disengaged families and listen and respond to parents’ views. Participants create an action plan for their own school to take away and use.
This interactive one day workshop will:
- Enable you to implement a robust and effective whole school strategy for engaging with parents
- Help you identify and overcome the barriers to parental involvement
- Inspire you with best practice examples
- Equip you with the knowledge and tools to move your parental engagement agenda forwards
- Enable you to evaluate and demonstrate the impact of this work on school outcomes.
Who is this course designed for?
- Headteachers and principals
- Deputy and assistant heads
- Pastoral support and family liaison teams
- Other staff with responsibility for parental engagement
- Governors and Trustees
- Local authority advisers.
Feedback from attendees
"This work has transformed our school"
"That was so useful - every school should attend this workshop."
"Loads of practical suggestions on ways to make schools more approachable and less daunting. I can see this working."