Would you like to build a genuine partnership with your parents in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people? Our masterclass will support you and your school in the development of a highly effective Parent Consultation, to build a framework for listening to parent voice.
Why book this masterclass?
Led by our highly experienced associate trainers, the ‘Developing a Successful Parent Consultation’ masterclass explores how schools can develop effective consultation mechanisms for listening and responding to parents' views. We'll look at what's right for your school and how you can build an ongoing and positive partnership with parents. A range of case studies will be presented, and you will be supported to develop an effective action plan for your own school.
Our masterclass builds on the knowledge gained in our introductory online workshops and is ideal for those who have joined the workshop, or for schools that are already adopting parental participation approaches.
What does this masterclass offer you?
Aim of the day
- To support you and your school in the development of a highly effective Parent Consultation, to build a framework for listening to parent voice
- Understand the importance and benefits of a Parent Consultation and encouraging parent voice
- Know the key stages in developing a Parent Consultation
- Recognise the barriers to parental involvement in a Parent Consultation
- Be able to successfully implement, monitor and develop an effective Parent Consultation
Practical advice on:
- Improving communication
- Removing barriers to parental participation
- Finding the right structure for your school
- Maintaining momentum
- Evaluating progress and assessing impact
- Demonstrating impact to stakeholders and to Ofsted
Following the masterclass, you will also receive a 1-1 consultation call to discuss and shape the implementation of a parent consultation within your school.
Who is this masterclass designed for?
- Headteachers, deputy headteachers and senior leaders
- Deputy and assistant heads
- Local authority advisers
- Multi-academy trusts
- Other staff with responsibility for parental involvement
What is involved?
Four-hour expert-led interactive masterclass via Zoom
No more than 10 attendees
One hour follow up session with our expert associate trainer
£300 + VAT per person
Feedback from attendees
This training has helped me to successfully and confidently set up a parent consultation. Parents know they have a voice, and would agree that it is a brilliant thing.
Excellent insight and step by step guidance on setting up a parent consultation.
Many schools have already benefited from developing parental participation initiatives to improve their relationship with parents. Click here to read more about what schools say.
Who will lead the masterclass?
Our associate trainers range from former headteachers and Ofsted inspectors, to parental engagement champions and education consultants. Each associate trainer brings a wealth of experience and qualifications, their own understanding of the challenges faced by schools and expertise on ways in which your school can engage with parents. Meet our trainers here.
A 10% discount will be applied to bookings made six weeks or more before the date of the session.
If you have any questions, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org