Parentkind has teamed up with the country's premier food wholesaler Booker Group.
Booker Group operates through the Booker and Makro brands and is the UK's leading food wholesaler seeking to provide caterers, retailers, small businesses and now member PTAs with the best choice, price, and service.
Why are we partnering with Booker?
We have been working hard to bring additional benefits to our members and one of the most frequent requests from our previous member surveys has been access to a local wholesaler.
Booker Group, which includes Booker and Makro stores nationwide, is an award-winning provider selling the widest selection of products you could need for your events. In addition to gaining access to great products and prices, we have also been able to negotiate:
- an annual cash rebate for qualifying member PTAs
- free delivery and sale or return on non-perishable items
Benefits for Parentkind members
- access to wholesale prices for all of a PTA's catering and event needs
- 2% cash rebate for PTAs who spend more than £2,000 per annum. (Excludes tobacco products and VAT.)
- free delivery on larger orders
- sale or return. (Products must be returned in original packaging suitable for resale.)
- access to in-house butchers and staff who can advise on catering for events
- easy registration process (no need to provide documentation VAT numbers, charity numbers, bank statements or utility bills)
How to apply
- If you don't already have an account with Booker:
Please register at booker.co.uk for both Booker and Makro accounts.
All you will need is the following:
- PTA/school name
- PTA/school address
- If your PTA is a registered charity, your charity registration number
- Your name and e-mail address and telephone number(s) as lead contact point
Once the registration process is complete your registered details will be provided on screen along with your 9 digit customer number (available to print via PDF).
You then need to notify Parentkind of your 9 digit Booker/Makro customer number by registering here.
We will update our records to add you to the scheme so that you can begin enjoying all the benefits of this offer.
You will then be ready to collect your membership card at your local branch (which will be indicated in the confirmation). Please note that whilst the confirmation asks for further documentation such as a utility bill or bank statement, as a Parentkind member, no further documentation is required. Please print out this confirmation letter from Booker and take it with you when you collect your cards from the local store.
- If you already have an account with Booker:
You can still take advantage of this offer, which is open to all Parentkind members.
To do so, register your details with us here (PTA and personal contact details, plus your 9-digit Booker/Makro customer number) so that we can update our records and add your PTA to the scheme.
Existing Booker/Makro account holders can take advantage of this offer immediately and shop in-store as normal. Any purchases made between the 27th September 2017 and your registration date will be automatically included within your rebate calculation.
Visit the Booker / Makro Q&A page to find out more.