Who can request magazines?
- Magazines are only for Parentkind members but anyone of your group can apply.
When can I request magazines for 2019?
- Applications are now closed. Look out for any updates in your member newsletter - you can make sure you are signed up to receive this by clicking 'edit email preferences' underneath your name in your 'My account' area.
I am having trouble logging in to sign up
- If you have forgotten your password, follow the steps to reset it through the "Forgot your password?" link on the log in page.
- If you don't already have a log in, you can set one up here (you will need your membership number to hand, or you can search your PTA using your school postcode).
- If you are still having any problems logging into your account on the website please contact us we'll help you get logged in.
Who are the magazines for?
There are two versions of the magazines:
- One for primary schools (starting reception)
- One for senior schools (starting year 7 or year 8 in Northern Ireland)
There is an option on the registration forms to choose either one or the other, please be sure to sign up for the correct one.
What happens if more than one member of our PTA signs up?
- We can only take one registration from each member association. If more than one committee member signs up, we will only count one registration and remove the duplicates.
What is in the magazine this year?
For primary schools, parents and children will enjoy a Be School Ready magazine which includes:
- Be School Ready magazine – full of top tips, interviews and helpful information about starting school and getting involved
- Fun activities for the children to do including a pull out section from National Literacy Trust and National Numeracy.
For senior schools, parents and children will enjoy a magazine which includes:
- Top tips from other parents, helpful information about getting involved, information on being tech-savvy and more
- A pull out section from mental health charity, Young Minds.
Is the magazine wrapped in plastic like it was in previous years?
- No, this year we have scrapped the plastic wrapping to be more environmentally friendly.
When will the magazines arrive?
- When you sign up you will have two options for delivery: Week beginning 29th April or 3rd June.They will be dispatched at the beginning of the week you select.
- We will email you to remind you about delivery close to the time (a few days beforehand) so look out in your inbox and add us to your contacts so we don't go into spam or junk folders.
- Please note that deliveries to Northern Ireland may take longer.
How many boxes should I request?
- We would like to reduce waste as much as possible so please only order as many boxes as you need based on one magazine per new pupil. We are packing these in boxes of 30 magazines for primary schools, and in boxes of 50 for senior schools.
How will we know if our registration is successful?
- We will send you a confirmation email in April (by the 15th) before the deliveries are due out. If you haven't had a response by the end of April, please first check your junk folder in case it has gone there, and if you still need to, contact us using our form.
Will I get a reminder about delivery?
- Yes, we'll send a reminder a few days before they are sent out to you by email. Our delivery partner will also send a text update to the mobile number you provided on the form.
I can't distribute my magazines at my Welcome Meeting, what else can I do?
- You can still hand out magazines at other opportunities including any parent gatherings in September.
- Some members have taken the opportunity to hand them out at their summer events, taster days for new starters, second hand uniform shops and even suggested that they will send them home with the children in their first week.
- We'll send more information nearer the time about how you can make the best use of your magazines.
Why do you have advertising in the magazines?
- To be able to offer these magazines free of charge we have worked with some relevant commercial organisations to provide adverts and offers of products we believe parents will find useful.
Will the magazines be available to download?