Advice Hub search
Explore Advice Hub



Some events or activities will require a licence so whether you are running a raffle/lottery, serving alcohol or putting on some sort of entertainment (like a concert or film night) don’t forget to check whether you need one.

Focus on

Serving alcohol at events

Licensing requirements for serving alcohol in England and Wales and in Northern Ireland.

  Find out more
Focus on


Find out whether you need a licence for an event including fireworks in Northern Ireland or England and Wales.

  Find out more

How do we apply for a Temporary Event Notice?

Contact your local authority licensing team. They may have an online application form on their website.

Do we need a licence to hold a Film Night?

You will need either a Single Title Screening Licence or an MPLC Umbrella licence. See our film night information for full details on which applies. As part of Parentkind membership, we offer a 25% discount off MPLC Umbrella or Single Title licences. 

Adding alcohol to an event is often a good way to raise additional funds, b...
Running a film night can be a great way of bringing the school community to...
To help our members ensure they are meeting licensing requirements for onli...
Although the legislation regulating the lotteries in Northern Ireland is ve...

Parentkind uses cookies to improve website functionality and analyse site usage. Click here for details of how to change your settings. By continuing to use this website you agree that we can save them on your device.