There is so much new and useful information being shared all the time to support parents with managing family and work life during the coronavirus. We decided to pull it all together in to one place here:
Parentkind 'how to...' guides
Mental health for kids
- Childline has information for children and young people on coronavirus.
- There are lots of resources from Young Minds for children on looking after their mental health.
Parents concerned about a child or young person under the age of 25 can call their Parents' Helpline on 0808 802 5544.
- Mind has a coronavirus hub for children and young people, with information and support to help young people cope. They also have information for parents and carers of young people aged 11-18 who are worried about their child's wellbeing, and want to know how to support them.
- Welsh Government have created a young persons' mental health toolkit - an online resource with digital tools designed specifically to support young people with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Mental health for parents
- Childline has experienced an unprecedented demand for its services since schools have closed. Bases across the UK have remained open with staff and volunteers available directly via chat and voice calls. Children and young people under 19 can speak to a counsellor online, free on 0800 1111 between 9am and midnight or via message boards.
- The NSPCC helpline continues to be there for adults who have a concern about a child or young person. This is critical now more than ever with most children not in school and therefore less visible outside of the home. We’re calling on all adults to be alert and report concerns. For advice and support, call 0808 800 5000 Monday – Friday 8am-10pm or 9am-6pm weekends or email email@example.com
- If you have any concerns about a child in Northern Ireland visit Safeguarding NI for details on where to call depending where you live
Free school meal information
Juggling working from home
General support and advice in this time of coronavirus
- NSPCC site for lots of information including talking to children who are worried about coronavirus
- Our Safer Schools app with lots of handy information