Do you feel strongly about parents having a voice in education? Parentkind is looking for a Chair who shares their ambitions to take that voice and turn it into impact.
You will lead a highly skilled board of Trustees who bring experience from all walks of life and are passionate about ensuring the voice of parents is more influential in the education sector.
The purpose of the Chair role is to provide leadership to the Board and Chief Executive to ensure that Parentkind remain a robust, dynamic and sustainable charity. The Chair has the leadership role in ensuring the Board of Trustees fulfils its governance responsibilities and supports the executive team to develop and deliver strategies that fulfil Parentkind’s mission. The Chair will work closely and constructively with the Chief Executive, other Trustees and key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To Chair the meetings of the Board and ensure they are conducted efficiently and effectively to enable the charity to be properly governed in the long-term interests of Parentkind.
- To ensure that Trustees work together effectively as a team and all actively participate and contribute in meetings, bringing together diverse views, building consensus, setting clear objectives and plans and monitoring decisions and actions are implemented. Additionally, to ensure the business of Board committees is reported appropriately.
- To provide strategic leadership to Parentkind in collaboration with the Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees and giving direction to policy and strategic decision making.
- To inspire the Board, Chief Executive and those within and outside of Parentkind through the promotion of the organisation’s vision, mission and values.
- In partnership with the Chief Executive, ensure the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and the Chief Executive, Trustees and teams are aligned and focused on achieving these.
- To develop effective working relationships with the Chief Executive and other members of staff to promote and enhance outstanding governance of Parentkind by being available and proactive between formal Board meetings, for briefings and discussions and to constructively question and provide support and guidance as appropriate.
- To provide support and challenge to the Chief Executive on behalf of the Board and to ensure the duties are carried out effectively and appropriately.
- To lead the process of establishing the Chief Executive’s annual objectives and targets and the process of appraising their performance.
- In close consultation and partnership with the Chief Executive, agree respective roles in representing Parentkind at external functions, meetings with senior stakeholders and key contact for the media and press (including Funders and partner organisations).
- To oversee development and delivery of the charitable aims through the strategic plan, as agreed by the Board.
- To act as a figurehead and ambassador for Parentkind, advocating and influencing on behalf of the charity and our work.
- Work with other Trustees to ensure that Parentkind remains financially stable and that robust financial control and risk management systems are maintained.
- To ensure that Parentkind is compliant with all legal, financial, reporting and other requirements.
For more information on how to apply and to download the full job description please click here.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 2nd November 2020